Bike Ed Camp!

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text 

On Monday 4Km and 4KJ went to the Blue Light Youth Camp, which we call it Bike Ed Camp.  At Leopold Primary Schoool, every grade four, gets to go on a Bike Ed Camp. All the grade fours can’t all go at once so 4KM and 4KJ went on Monday and come back on Wednesday, then 4Jl and 4PR arrive on Wednesday and come back on Friday. I really enjoyed Bike Ed camp and I wish I could go again.

Now I will tell you a little about my trip,

Firstly we arrived at camp and went to the dining room to find out our cabins and meet every one at the camp. The dining room was very big and there were alot of tables. At the camp we have to do jobs but only once and we do it in groups. Then we had to eat our snack and lunch, (That we had to put in seperate bags) and after that we got to go to our cabins and set everything out.

After unpacking everything and getting lots of things set we went out and found our bikes. The bikes had to be perfect for your size so it took a while to find my bike. You also had  numbers on your bike and we have a special drink bottle to put your number on, so you don’t forget it. I really want to remember the camp so I’m going to always remember my number. (Which was 260.) When we had finshed getting our bikes the people showed us a track that we had to walk on first and then we had to ride on it.

I  reallly loved the ride, but at the end there was a very steep hill. It took a while to get up but I still got there in the end. The day wasn’t that busy but Tuesday was. Finally it was dinner time and then bed. I didn’t get very much sleep but I did in the end.

TUESDAY,

Well we woke up quite early and then we had to get dressed because there is a really big day ahead of us. Firstly we went on a big bike ride and then a break for lunch. After lunch we went on a small bike ride but it was still a bit long. Then all that bike riding we had a really huge break and we got to stay in our cabins and talk. We also got to have some free time and that was really fun. In free time there was mini golf an obstacle course and lots more things. Then all the people for dinner duty had to get ready and have their showers.

Now it was dinner time! We had chicken nuggets with vegies and it was so delicious. That was probably my favourite dinner so far. Well actually it was. After that amazing dinner we all had to go back to our cabins and get ready for our disco and DVD! Some people bought party clothes but I didn’t so I just came in a jumper and some leggins.

First at the disco we had someone or a group of people from each unit come up and do a performance! My unit sung a song to Call Me Maybe, but I didn’t go up there because I didn’t want to do it. Then everybody had to get up and dance so I did. I had so much fun at the disco. Then Miss Jordan said everybody get in a circle so we did and then she called out a unit and they had to get up and dance in front of everybody, but it was really fun!

After the disco we all watched a movie and the movie was…….

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid!

The movie was so awesome even though I have seen it so many times.

WEDNESDAY,

Firstly we had to wake up and get dressed ready for breakfast and our big walk to Mount Tarrangower. We had aleady done half way of the walk but now we are starting all over again and we are going to the top.  Gosh it was such a long walk it went on and on and on. It was like it never stopped. Finally we got to the top and I was one of the last people, but everybody was cheering us on so it was so cool. When we got right to the end there was a huge tower and you went up some steps and then there was a really special ladder. It had a roof and everything.

After going up and down the tower we went back another way, it was down heaps of rocks and lots of people slipped, (Including me.) Finally we all got back at the camp and everybody wasn’t allowed in our cabins because they just got cleaned. So we all had our lunch outside and everybody arrived from the other group. Then we all got our bags and went on the bus.

Here comes another long trip!

I did miss a few things. Sorry.

Comment On:

Did you think you would want to go on this camp?

What did you think of my post?

Do you like bike riding?

7 thoughts on “Bike Ed Camp!

1. Dear Jess,

I am so glad you had such a good time at camp, it sounds like it was awesome! School camps are so much fun and are a wonderful experience to make new friends, do fun and interesting activities and to spend some time away from home and school.

It was very quiet at home without you but we were very happy when you arrived home. I bet you can’t wait for your next school camp, neither can we! hehehe

Love Mum xxx

• Dear Mum,

Thank you so much for the comment you are a graet blogger now!

I really enjoyed camp it was so fun! I really hope I can go on another one soon.
      I thought it would be very quite without me but now I’m home safe and sound.

See you soon,
      Jess

2. Dear Jess,

I enjoyed reading your camp recount. You included lots of details about our time in Maldon and I’m sure your blog readers will be able to picture the activities.

I had a great time at camp with everyone in 4KM and 4KJ. Arriving in Maldon was exciting and it was fun to check out the camp grounds.

My camp highlights:

* Exploring Maldon on our bike rides.
    * Climbing Mount Tarrangower. It was challenging but the view at the top was very rewarding!
    * Watching the students in the lolly shop. They were very excited and found it hard to choose what to buy!
    * Eating in the dining room with everyone. The camp food was pretty yummy!

I’m glad you enjoyed camp, Jess. It was a great experience for me to share with you all. 🙂

Your teacher,
    Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,

Thank you so much for your commnent!
      I also did put alot of detail in my recount. It took forever to finsh my post but it was worth it.
      I had so much fun at camp and I think everyone else did too.

When we airrved I though it was really great to check out the camp grounds too.
      I really can’t believe that they had a real set of traffic lights, it looked so cool.

Now I have some questions for you,
      did you and any of the teachers go on the BMX track?
      Were your cabins really big?
      AND….
      Did you get lots of sleep?

I also really loved all the things that you liked and I really want to visit that camp again!

See you soon,
      Jess

3. Dear Jess,
    I loved camp 🙂 Though it was exusting! Everything was perfectly detailed in the post. I don’t think you left anything out, the post was very long (that’s not a bad thing). I love bike riding, but I hate long hard ones on hot days. I don’t think that I’ll be hopping on to my bike for a while, my bum still really hurts! 😳

My favourite thing on camp was the night walk and learning about the gold shafts and the cannon that we saw on Mount Tarrangower, (I absolutely adore that stuff!)
    I loved the food, it was delicious! It was fun in the cabins at night considering the noise and me falling out of bed! 😳

Your friend,
    Bronte 😆 :mrgreen: 😐

4. Dear Jess,

I loved Camp. It was so much more fun than I thought it would be.
    My favourite part of the camp was when we walked up Mt Tarrangower because I got to stay with Claire the whole time and I also got to stay with the nicest Mum on the camp which was Alma. We made it so that we had our own little group. There was a couple more people in the group but I cant remeber who. Whoops. But it was totally worth it because when we got to the top we saw the tower. I was afraid to climb it so me and Claire climbed it together because we both are afraid of hights so I thought it would be alot better if we did it together. When we both got to the top I was so happythat we had finished. When we got back to the ground we had to climb down the mountain. It was so steep that me and Claire fell at one point and hurt ourselfs. Claire got her foot trapped in a little rectangle made out of rocks.
    Well thats it for now.

From Breanna.

• Dear Breanna,

Wow what a fabulous comment you are such a great blogger!

I also really loved camp! My favourite part was probably riding to the BMX track because it was our first ride and I loved the bumps that you went over.
      It sounds like you really love going up Mount Taggengower, I did too. Me and Leah walked together because you were aloud to walk however you wanted. I hated going down the mountain couldn’t we have just walked down the same way we walked up. I really want to go to camp again it was so much fun!

Now I have some questions for you,
      What was the main thing you loved about camp?
      Did you read all of my post?

See you soon,
      Jess